Monday, February 20, 2012

Pasta Puttanesca and Scallops


For this month's Secret Recipe Club I was given the blog Lisa's Cooking Adventures. I read in one of her posts that the her blog is more about her cooking failures than successes but after looking through tons of yummy recipes I don't think that can actually be true!

Lisa cooks a lot of different things but this recipe for Puttanesca sauce really jumped out at me. Although P and I are mostly vegan we have added fish and seafood back into our diet so I thought I would give this sauce a try. I absolutely LOVED it but P (Who hates olives) wasn't fooled and about half way through the dish asked "does this have olives in it?".

The original recipe called for black olives but I used green as that is what I had. I also cooked up some scallops to go with the dish and they were delightful. Thanks Lisa for the wonderful recipe!



Pasta Puttanesca and Scallops
From Lisa's Cooking Adventure

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 to 6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tin anchovy fillets, rolled with capers
1 /2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 can of sliced black olives (I used green)
1 (32-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
A few grinds black pepper
1/4 cup (a couple of handfuls) flat leaf parsley, chopped
6 medium scallops
Pasta 

Directions

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil, garlic, anchovies, and crushed pepper. Sauté mixture until anchovies melt into oil and completely dissolve and garlic is tender, about 3 minutes: Add capers, tomatoes, black pepper, and parsley. Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.

In a small skillet heat some olive oil over medium high heat. Add scallops to pan and let cook for 1 minute. Turn over and cook on other side for 1 - 2 minutes. Scallops should have a lovely caramelization on the outside.

Toss sauce with cooked pasta and topped with scallops. Enjoy.

12 comments:

  1. Your dish looks gorgeous, and the scallops - perfectly cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I love puttanesca, but don't think I've ever had it with scallops...bet that is a wonderful combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scallops have a perfect crust on them! The pasta looks fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful pick! Those scallops looks soooo tasty! Glad to be part of SRC group C with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a great recipe. Excellent pick for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly seared scallops! Shrimp, pasta and scallops...be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scallops are my new favorite seafood! What a great choice for SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your husband I don't care for olives but it's funny that I love puttanesca and this recipe looks wonderful especially with the addition of the scallops, can't wait to try it.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A' SRC entry: Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE Puttanesca sauce but I've never added scallops. Yum!

    Thanks so much for visiting my SRC entry.

    Hope you stop by today and checkout a giveaway and a photography class I have going on :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo that is making me so hungry right now! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! This could become a favorite at our house! Looking forward to making this. Visiting from SRC!

    ReplyDelete