Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Red Berry Pie Vegan Style


We have some crazy potlucks at work. The latest theme was "your favourite fairytale or fable". I choose Little Red Riding Hood and decided to make a pie (because that's what little red was bringing to her grandma) and it had to be red (do I need to explain?). I used this pie crust recipe and followed all the directions and it turned out not to bad  (pie crust is not my strong suit).


Red Berry Pie
1 vegan pie crust
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup raspberries (I used frozen)
1 cup pitted and halved cherries
2 Tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup sugar

Make pie crust and leave to chill. Mix berries with sugar and cornstarch. Roll out dough and fit into a 9 inch pie plate. Trim excess and re-roll to cut into heart shapes. Fill pie with berry mixture and top with cut out heart shapes. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. I put some tinfoil around the edges for the first 20 minutes and then took it off to let the crust brown.

2 comments:

  1. I adore the way you decorated this lovely pie :) it takes it from just a veryvery delicious but everyday dessert to something so pretty and specially homemade. Your potlucks sound like so much fun too! Lovely recipe here, if it tastes anywhere near as good as it looks then i am very envious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much! I have to say the pie tasted pretty good. Next potluck...Summer Harvest theme.

    ReplyDelete